UPDATED: Here are the answers.
Guess the book title from the clues and quotes below. Answers will be posted on the website on World Book Day, Thursday 6th March.
1) Humpty Dumpty: This character fell off a wall. He “had a great fall”.
2) Don’t put your finger in the jelly, Nelly: Nelly is trying very hard to keep his hands to himself ….
3) The wheels on the bus: These wheels go round and round all day long.
4) We’re going on a bear hunt: We’re going to catch a big one! What a beautiful day. I’m not scared.
5) Horton hatches the egg: I meant what I said and I said what I meant. An elephant’s faithful, one hundred per cent!
6) Oh the places you’ll go: You’re off to great places. Today is your day. Your mountain is waiting so get on your way!
7) The very hungry caterpillar: Before this butterfly went into his chrysalis, he ate too much food and had a stomach ache.
8) Room on the Broom: Over the fields and the forests they flew. The dog wagged his tail and the stormy wind blew.
9) The Gruffalo: Who is this creature with terrible claws and terrible teeth in his terrible jaws? He has knobbly knees and turned out toes and a poisonous wart at the end of his nose.
10) The Gruffalo’s Child: Who is this creature so big, bad and strong? His tail and his whiskers and terribly long. His ears are enormous, and over his shoulder he carries a nut as big as a boulder!
11) The Smartest Giant in Town: Your tie is a scarf for a cold giraffe. Your shirt’s on a boat as a sail for a goat. Your shoe is a house for a little white mouse. One of your socks is a bed for a fox.
12) The Cat in the Hat: The sun did not shine. It was too wet to play. So we sat in the house all that cold, cold, wet day.
13) The Cat in the Hat Comes Back: This was no time for play. This was no time for fun. This was no time for games. There was work to be done.